7 Makeup Tricks I Learned From Giorgio Armani
Over the weekend, thanks to the wonderful and lovely blogger Portia (Obsessed by Portia) I took a “Pop of Color” class held at Neiman Marcus by Giorgio Armani. Or at least, his marvelous staff and products. The makeup class itself was conducted in part by their talented makeup artist (and blogger) Mimi Banasik who was just about the best ever.
Admittedly, I tend to play it pretty safe when it comes to makeup so I was excited to take this class and step out of my comfort zone. I ended up learning so much more than I thought I would and the class was in-depth and all-around fabulous. The setup was chic and colorful, with a popcorn bar, goodies, champagne, and individual mirrors and makeup stations all in a circle. It was like Knights of the Round Table but instead of knights it was a bunch of excited women armed with makeup brushes in lieu of swords :).
I even left with a full, bold set of red lips! Who says redheads can’t do red?
Here are 7 tricks I learned from Giorgio Armani (indirectly)
- Use the side of your eyeliner, not the tip.
- Instead of using concealer all under the eye, only use it on the outer part. Use an eye cream in the middle, and an eye corrector on the inner part and then blend it all together. This prevents your concealer from getting that dry and cracked look under the eye.
- If you’re having trouble “drawing” your eyebrows start from the outside in and see if it helps.
- Line your lips after you apply your lipstick.
- Concealer can fix anything. Brush it on to cover up eye shadow gone wrong, or most any makeup mistakes.
- When applying mascara on your upper lashes tip your head way back (like you’re looking up your nostrils) to prevent smudges. When applying it on the lower lashes look down.
- When distributing lotions or products put it on your fingertips to warm it up first. The back of your hand will absorb more of the product than your fingertips will.
Other than playing (boldly) with makeup, my weekend started with catching an art installation on Alki Beach for Earth Day, catching up with friends, an impromptu visit to Nordstrom Rack (always dangerous), and a day of fun photo shooting with some blogger friends. It maaaay have been super rainy and cold but it didn’t stop us from trying to get the best shot!
It’s the last week of April you guys, “how crazy is that?” I hope your weekend was great and I’d love to hear about it in the comments. Either that or let me know how you add pops of color into your beauty routine!
Linking up with B Loved Boston