Merry Christmas Eve! The hustle and bustle of the holidays has led to my weekending post being a
little, okay a lot delayed. Rather than have you think I totally neglected this space I’m going to give you a whole post of excuses in the form of holiday fun. Chances are you may not even read this because you are in the middle of your own Christmas chaos.
DIY Christmas gifts this year!
I didn’t have tons of cookies, but I packaged some up with this homemade Christmas fragrance. One of the ways I like to add scent to my home is by using the oven (a couple of teaspoons of vanilla extract at 300 degrees for 1 hour will make your house smell like heaven) so when I saw this Christmas in a Jar Tutorial I knew that was this year’s gift.
While I was at it a put together some Star Wars themed DIY Christmas gifts that had been in the works for a while. This movie is big time in my groups of friends!
Who wouldn’t love little yoda sugar cookies? Or Vader. Or Wookie Cookies (yes, that’s a thing)! These Star Wars cookie cutters were the center that I themed my gift around for my favorite Jedi diehards.
- We binge watched Episodes 4-6 in preparation for a big Star Wars viewing party we had the next night. It’s amazing how much you forget in a decade or so! HaHa.
- The movie itself was awe-mazing. Don’t worry, no spoilers here, but even if you aren’t a Star Wars fanatic you’ll love it. Perhaps when the movie has been out awhile longer I’ll key in on it more. We were lucky enough to watch it in a theater of friends and family, and hang out a little before and after too. It was special having my little brother at my side; the same one who I watched Empire Strikes Back with over and over wayy back in the day. My how times have changed.
- After some post movie pizza, we headed to the tail of end of our annual Friendsmas party with the volleyball crew. Always a blast:). Friendsmas is a lot like Friendsgiving, but with gift exchanges in the mix.
- We celebrated Christmas with my family since this year we will be with E’s. My dad even made Prime Rib, which is usually our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. We exchanged gifts, and the Seaahawks gave us another strong victory to put the day over the top. I finally got a cast iron skillet,and I know I’ll have no problem finding recipes thanks to this 40 Cast Iron Skillet Recipes roundup!
- We got ready for our road trip. This is no easy task! Winter tires, vet visits, pet baths, packing, cleaning, last minute-wrapping, (breath), and what felt like 100 visits to the store.
- When it was all said and done we finally made it out the door, and onto our winter wonderland of a road trip. There is something truly beautiful about snow laden pine trees.
So here we are in the Big Sky state, enjoying time with family and friends, and preparing on focusing on the reason behind the celebration. Whether you are traveling, cooking, doing absolutely nothing, or panicking with last-minute shopping, I wish you all the joy that this season can offer.
Merry Christmas from our home to yours!!