Technically I am supposed to be talking about heartache this week for A is for Adelaide #52WeeksA4A Challenge, but I had already planned on tackling it next Friday due to a significant date so I’m going to swap these prompts. That means this week we are talking about where I’m from. I’ve lived the longest in the city of Seattle itself, but I grew up in Renton, WA.
Renton is about 20+ minutes from Seattle to the south. It’s near water and has very pretty areas, but it’s also kind of looked down upon because it’s not as wealthy as the Eastside cities and has some less desirable areas. With that, I’m going to help you get to know the city that I’m from a little better with the help of a list 🙂
You Know You’re From Renton If
1) 3/4 of your friend’s parents growing up worked for Boeing.
2) Going to “the beach” meant avoiding the goose poop down at Coulon during the summer.
3) You think that the Landing being built is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
4) Take an immense amount of pride that you are home of the Seattle Seahawks (practice facility). How else is Jimmy Graham going to get to practice on a seaplane?
5) You feel defensive when looked down upon by the richer eastside cities but take comfort that at least you’re not Kent.
6) Have been to IKEA more times than you can count.
7) The Ivars Clams are a part of your Christmas.
8) Have tasted the delight of Chuck’s donuts, and even think they might be better than Top Pot.
9) Know that the city pool is not named after a biblical figure but Henry Moses.
10) Most importantly, true Rentonites know that the T in Renton is really silent ;-).