A little disclaimer before we jump right in. I know sugar is bad for you. I am constantly trying to cut its stronghold over me. It’s harmful on my teeth, skin, the list goes on. Howevvvver… it really is magnificent. It gives me that temporary happiness that few things can touch. So my goal is moderation. I try to cut back on sugar most of the time, but for those “other” times here is my master list of sweet treat delights. There is a healthy version at the end of each group. This week the A is for Adelaide 52Week Challenge prompt was 100 Food. Sweets are food, right? Just magical food. In Groups of 10.
Just like you’re with Willy Wonka. And go!
I started here because if forced at gunpoint I think these would be my sweet of choice. It was my first word after all.
1) The No-Bake. My mom’s chocolate oatmeal is the best, although there are other delicious varieties. Summertime memories of watching them sit on wax paper, eagerly waiting for them to harden up. So easy and so good.
2) The Chocolate Chip. Enough said.
3) White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut. The Hubs favorite. It was also my cookie of choice back when I would frequent Subway (those days are gone).
4) Oatmeal Raisin. The healthy alternative before healthy alternatives.
5) The Sugar Cookie. What holiday season would be complete without them?
6) Chocolate Crinkle. Every Christmas my oldest friend/cookie-conspirator and I make these cookies (but with mint).
7) The Snickerdoodle. That same friend’s favorite from childhood. I always think of her because when I was 12 I couldn’t fathom anything other than chocolate chip. She would choose the Snickerdoodle.
8) The Pignoli. Another friend and I make cookies yearly. I don’t know if it’s because she married an Italian or she just knows the way to my heart, but we always make these. I find myself craving these guys and their almondy flavor year round.
9) The Double Chocolate Chip. The other cookie of choice at Subway ( I was there a lot lol). What could be more right than chocolate doubled?
10) Healthy 3 Ingredient Cookie. I have a friend who would strongly suggest these are not cookies lol, but at least the are super easy to make and can trick your brain that they are cookies. Kind of….
Sometimes the choice between brownies and cookies is too hefty for my brain.
1) The Basic Brownie. Bells and whistles not needed. It’s the perfect comfort food.
2) The Lemon Bar. So much love for these. It’s also probably the first dessert I perfected making myself back in the day.
3) Cranberry Bliss Bars. I can’t tell you how happy I am when Starbucks bring these out. Not for the faint of sweet tooth!
4) The Scotcheroo. You may not recognize the name, but as soon as you see them you’ll know. Resistance is futile with these darlings.
5) Rice Krispie Treats. Because sometime’s it’s good to be a kid again.
6) The Blondie. Definitely one to have in moderation or you’ll be reaching for the Pepto.
7) Peanut Butter Brownies. Two wonderful worlds colliding.
8) Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars attempts to answer the age-old question “cookie or brownie?”
9) Chocolate Coconut Mounds Bars. Whaaat? Is this real life?
10) Healthy Fudgy Avocado Brownies. I do like avocado…
1) Strawberry Cake. Strawberries have always been my thang.
2) Carrot Cake. Eric’s favorite (no argument here!)
3) The Chocolate. Yum.
4) Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Dangerously addicting.
5) Red Velvet. Because all things are better red ;-).
6) German Chocolate.
7) Coffee Cake. What? It’s a cake!
8) The Dump Cake.
10) Angel Food Cake. Healthy right? 🙂
1) Coconut Cream Pie. There’s nothing like a good coconut cream pie.
2) Banana Cream. Except for maybe that…
3) The Apple. What’s more American?
4) The Pumpkin. What’s more comforting?
5) Key Lime.
6) Rhubarb Pie. Makes me think of my Grandma every time for some reason.
7) The Cherry.
8) Peach Pie.
9) French Silk. Even though it makes me think of a late night diner, I still love it!
1) Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. My mom sometimes made these when she didn’t make cookies :).
3) Oreo cupcakes. For those rare times I go processed.
5) Limoncello Cupcakes. These have lemon curd inside. Inside!
10) Healthy Organic Whole Wheat Vanilla Cupcakes.
1) Maple Bars.
2) Sprinkle (Funfetti) Donuts. Sprinkles make everything better.
5) Glazed Apple Fritters. These grow on me more and more every year!
8) Beignets. Thank you, New Orleans!
10) Healthy Donuts.
1) Soft Caramels. My Mom makes these for Christmas and they are so good!
2) Almond Roca. These always remind me of my Campfire Girl days.
3) Gummy Candy.
6) English Toffee.
8) Lemon Drops.
9) Peanut Brittle. Be careful not to chip a tooth!
10) “Healthy” Frozen Blueberry Candy.
1) Root Beer Floats. Or coke floats. Or whatever floats your boat ;-).
3) Sweet Strawberry Tea. Or any kind of sweet tea.
4) Frozen Lemonade, pink lemonade, you get the idea.
5) Smoothies. Like this S’more Smoothie.
6) Milkshakes. Like this Chai Tea Latte Milkshake.
7) Bubble Tea.
10) Fruit Infused Water. It doesn’t get much healthier than that!
Those that I had a hard time categorizing. Is it cake or a cookie?
3) Churros. For when I cut out Taco Time from my life….
4) Cake Pops.
5) Fudge. This should be #1.
9) Turkish Delight. As an ode to Naria, just because:).
10) Frozen Yogurt.
Sweets Disguised As Breakfast
2) Cinnamon Rolls.
3) French Toast.
4) Pancakes. Huckleberry are my favorite if you got em!
6) The Galette.
8) Monkey Bread.
9) Crumb Muffins.
Want more? Follow my Sweet Tooth board on Pinterest!