Happy May Day! Can you believe this year is almost half way over already? Today instead of dropping flowers off on doors I’m sprinkling love all over starting close to home. A is for Adelaide‘s prompt for today is Family II. I’ve already talked about my parents, and now I’m talking siblings. I only have one, a younger brother.
A younger but bigger, very different from me, hilarious and resilient brother. We weren’t super close growing up unless you count our bouts of physical combat. I guess that’s what happens when you put a Type-A fiery tempered redhead with a hyperactive and energetic boundary pusher together. Our poor, poor parents.
Life has forced us both to grow up a bit, and he has traveled the hard road of addiction the early part of his life. However, he did not let that keep him down and I am so, so proud of the man he has become.
He is a daily reminder that what you make of your life is a choice. You can give up or you can fight. It may be hard work and take longer than anticipated, but in the end the choice belongs to you alone. He also teaches me to be goofy from time to time because laughter surely is the best medicine! How would you describe your siblings?
It’s back! Here are my top 5 most beloved posts from this last week.
1. 25 Fabulous Airport & Flying Tips From Seasoned Travelers from Nested Nomad makes me want to put those tips to good use stat!
2. Pretty Pinteresting’s Beauty Fads and Trends That Are Over made me shout yes on some and shed an invisible tear on others.
3. Charlotte’s Little Web Here she is on my Blogger Love again, but this time with her How to Deal When Girls Lunch Becomes Moms Brunch. Being pretty much the lone friend without kids this resonates! I will say though that my mom friends rock and I think they do a great job of balancing it all. It’s just a fun post on that sometimes awkward transition of friendship and life stages.
- I like this new series from From Party Girl To Praying Woman; Is Celebrating Earth Day The Christian Thing To Do. I have felt for a while now that Christianity does not focus enough on taking care of this earth we live in and I think her idea is brilliant!
- Fellow PNW blogger A Good Hearted Woman whipped up Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee Made Easy. I’m all about fancy dishes that are practical to make!
Enjoy your first weekend of May!!!