Today I’m talking weather. Weather, fashion, Friday and Blogger Love. When A is For Adelaide’s #52WeeksA4A Challenge prompt was weather I was going to talk about why it’s such a conversation piece. As a hygienist I can tell you that much of my small talk with patients has to do with the weather. You would think that after a while us humans would get bored with it, but we never do! I guess it’s the one thing that (taking out global warming) is pretty safe ground and non-offensive. Since I already talk about weather all day long I want to give it a Fashion Friday twist.
little known fact that Seattle gets a lot of rain. We’re kind of famous for it. Interestingly enough, we are only in the 50th percentile for annual amount of rain. What gets us the rainy rep is the amount of days with rain, in which we are near the top. So it rarely downpours, but the grey skies and sprinkles are the norm. I have to tell you though the last few years have been more and more gorgeous, and if you haven’t seen the Pacific Northwest showing off in the sunshine you should because it is breathtaking!
If you are planning a trip here, the one thing that will scream tourist is if you are spotted with an umbrella. Seattle natives don’t use them. We just don’t. I think that it’s probably because the rain is usually light. Or we are warriors. One or the other ;). I will admit there have been times that I’m loving my hair and going somewhere fancy so I’ve pulled out the umbrella, but there’s a level of shame involved with it.
So whether you want to roll like a Seattleite or you’re just looking for great transitional pieces for spring look no further. Here are 10 seasonal perfect pieces I’m loving that all have the answer to the umbrella. Hoods!
It also wouldn’t be Friday without shining the spotlight on some of my top 5 favorite posts from this last week. Please check out these talented bloggers!
- Crazy for Crust’s 5 Tips For Blogging Business Cards helped me get my first batch of cards on the way for next weekend’s conference!
- Who can resist no-bakes? These No-Bake Apricot Balls from Nutritious Eats are topping my list of sweets to eat!
- Amidst the Chaos can throw a party! I fell in love with this Vintage Garden Lingerie Party she put on. You might learn a few things for your next party :).
- This Happy Playlist post by Endliss Bliss introduced to me to new music, made me smile with the familiar, and inspired me to make my own “Happy Playlist”. Do you have one?
5. The Truth About Those Dreaded Sponsored Blog Posts by A Day in Mollywood offers an honest and straightforward perspective on the sponsored blog post and its place. A must read!
Have a happy weekend rain or shine!