1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
My Dad is an long-time hunter, and actually just got back from his annual fall trip. He primarily hunts elk and deer ( I think lol, I have not actually gone with him). I have tasted venison before because he used to hide it in things. As a kid I didn’t want to try it. I did not want to eat Bambi for dinner thank you. I remember specifically eating “Beef Stroganoff” that wasn’t beef :(. I have tasted rabbit and duck before, but not goose. He would bring grouse home growing up, and I remember really liking that.
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on. HaHa!
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful ‘bird’s eye view’ of something below?
Kerry Park in Seattle has a breathtaking view of Seattle. If you ever visit it’s in Queen Anne and well worth the trip. There is another great park up high near Alki, but I the name escapes me. Also Sacre Couer Church and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris were pretty magnificent views as well.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
I just bought a fake decorative crow for my Halloween dinner party on Friday, does that count? I had a Cockatiel “Chester” growing up that I adored, but other than that I’m not one to “put a bird on it” as far as decorating.
4. Tell about a time you ‘killed two birds with one stone’?
I’m very experienced at multitasking 😉 even though I know “they” say one can’t truly multitask. I disagree! The most recent is working out at the gym while reading and catching up on emails, blog replies etc. It’s amazing how much I can accomplish in 45 minutes!
5. Your favorite song with a bird in its title?
When Doves Cry by Prince is what comes to mind. I can’t think of a lot of bird songs at this moment.
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
An episode of Ghost Adventures where they were on an island of dolls. Very creepy.
7. Halloween is this Friday…any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
I am throwing a small murder mystery dinner party. The theme is Halloween so it will be perfect! I did trick or treat as a child, and have many fun and rainy memories. My most memorable costume as a kid was probably Pipi Longstocking or Strawberry Shortcake. I have some fun ones as an adult too (what can I say I never really grew out of the dress up thing), and it’s hard to pick a favorite but Poison Ivy and Black Widow are at the top.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m pretty amazed at how fast this year has gone by. As soon as September hits it’s like a whirlwind to the end of the year. I just wish time would slow down!! My mind is having trouble wrapping around the fact that November is on Saturday! I try to cherish every moment, but the moments are going by at warp speed and I’m having trouble catching them. We were supposed to carve pumpkins last weekend and now it’s down to the wire. Tonight’s the night!