1.Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
I’m sure trying too. I have taken more walks with my fur baby trying to soak it all in. Time just goes by too fast. Housework usually is the first to go for me as well.
2. Since we’re talking turning…what is one thing you feel you’re doing ‘every time you turn around‘?
Laundry! And with participating in Blogtober this month I feel like I am constantly at the keyboard :).
3. How hard is it for you to ‘turn the other cheek‘?
It depends. There are certain seasons when I am more consistent with my time in the Word and I definitely do better at turning the other cheek during those times. However, if left to my own devices and I feel like I as wronged then watch out!
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down in order to find something? Did you find it?
I lost my debit card last week. I turned my purse, car, room upside down to find it with no luck. I then re traced my steps and found it on the sidewalk under some leaves. It fell out of my pocket when I tied my coat around my waist.
5. ‘One good turn deserves another‘…were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
We were on the receiving end of a very generous surprise from my parents not too long ago. It definitely makes me want to pay it forward some day if we are in the place to do so!
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. And also fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet which would you choose? This question isn’t as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
I also struggle with picking one of something, or picking a favorite. I think in this case I would have to pick red. There are so many red berries I love, also apples, pomegranates, even Bartlett pears (those are the red ones right?). I adore pears.
I have no idea what October Sky is, and I think I’ve seen the Hunt for Red October (if that’s the submarine movie with Sean Connery). I’ve seen Halloween a few times as an adult. I remember liking The Hunt for Red October, but since I can’ t tell you much about it I’ll have to go Halloween simply for the nostalgia factor of being a Halloween classic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The whole time I was answering these questions, Bonnie Tyler’s “Turn Around (Bright Eyes)” was running through my head and I still can’t get it out. It reminded me of this funny version of the video. I bet you’ve never seen it in this light! 🙂 It’s the original video btw, the 80’s were so strange!