- Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
We manage our own money. A financial planner would be a great idea, I just feel like we should have money to actually invest before we meet with one. Yes, those kind of conversations stress me out a great deal!
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
People that beat around the bush instead of getting to the point
Bicyclists that don’t obey traffic laws.
3. What is one thing you’d like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
Moderately. As a health care worker we are supposed to treat everyone coming in as if they have an infectious disease. I already use safety precautions, and have gotten used to the fact that every day there are bacteria, virus, fungus etc that has the ability to make us very sick. The majority of the time they don’t. I also think there is a lot we don’t know about the infectious diseases that are stopped without it ever reaching the news. That being said, I think that Ebola has gotten way out of hand and think the government is downplaying the risk. It’s not going to help me to be anxious about it though, so all I can do is keep washing my hands!
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
Garfield! I loved that pessimistic lasagna-loving feline :).
6. I’m going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What’s a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was ‘like you pictured’ when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?
I am going to see Gone Girl with my book club (and our dates) this weekend too! I’m really excited about it! I agree, so many times the movies can be disappointing. My favorite books turned film that I thought was well done was the Lord of the Ring Trilogy. I read all the books before seeing the movies, and although the movies left some things out (how could you not with the books so long?), I think they stayed pretty true to the book plot. The casting was spot on. Can you think of a better Gandalf?
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
Probably that I learned to walk with a cast on. I had pulled a crock pot down on myself and broke my leg, but didn’t let that bulky cast stop me from taking my first steps! They have not so flattering stories too of course, but I think this is the one I’ve heard them tell others the most.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s my dog’s 9th Birthday today. I made dog treats and will make a dog cake tonight. It’s pretty crazy how much love someone can have for a canine:). Bella’s breed has a 8-10 year average life span so I am trying to really enjoy each day with my fur baby. I can’t even let my mind go to life without her. So I’m playing up her Birthday and will post pics later this week.