Happy Hodgepodge/Hump Day! We are halfway there :-).
- On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
This is definitely a day where I take a little extra time to reflect and spend time in prayer. Right now with current events for some reason this Anniversary seems even more poignant.
- Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion and politics with people you don’t know?
I don’t think anyone should have to hide their opinion. However, this is definitely an area where there needs to be a lot of sensitivity and discretion when choosing words. I rarely discuss politics or religion on FB, or with patients in the dental chair at work. Yet there are times when the subjects are brought up, and I participate.
- What’s a dish you haven’t eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Pumpkin Bread/muffin. Also, tomato soup. I love tomato soup most any time, but find the cravings are more intense from September on.
- What’s something you know nothing about?
There are a lot of things, but I guess I could say engineering, rocket science, and Baltic countries. 🙂
6. September is Classical Music Month? Do you like classical music? If so, what’s your favorite piece?
I do like Classical Music. Having taken piano lessons for 10 years as a child, I think it’s impossible to dislike it. My favorite piece is Pachelbel’s Canon In D. I realize that is very cliché, but it is still my favorite.
- What’s the oldest thing you own?
Hmm, my mother’s pearls that she got while living in Japan as a child.
- Insert your own random thought here.
Pancakes really are the best. They are pretty quick, and can be done SO many ways. Healthier versions are easily made with egg whites, and the blueberry topping actually made me feel like I was eating sugar when I wasn’t. Yeah! You’ll see what I cooked up this morning later on in my W.I.A.W post. I know that’s a pretty simple thought, but it’s early and I’m not functioning at 100% yet:).
Have a wonderful rest of your week, and don’t forget to link up at the site below for Hodgepodge!