- What’s something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing?
I wanted to hike Shy Shy Beach. Fortunately, we have pretty nice early falls so I’m hoping this will still happen.
- Share a memory of your own back-to-school days as a child.
I loved going back-to-school (no surprise here) shopping. Every year I was able to pick out a select few outfits for the new year. I think I also remembering having extra special breakfast. My mother also said eggs were “brain food”.:)
- What’s one chore or daily task you prefer doing ‘old-school’?
Brainstorming. When I’m trying to think of new ideas that are overwhelming, it helps to put it down on paper. Other than that, there is not much I can think of that I do “old-school”!
- Share something you’ve learned in life through the ‘school of hard knocks’.
Embrace the things that make you different.
Red flags in relationships are there for a reason, listen to them and move on.
- As a child did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox?
In elementary school, I remember primarily bringing lunch to school, although I also had cafeteria food from time to time. I loved finding little notes from my mom inside the packed lunch. High school I ate fast food WAY too much.
- Football season is upon us which has me wondering…how big of a sports fan are you (not just football)? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being ‘I scream at the players through my television screen‘, and 1 being ‘is knitting a sport?‘, where do you fall in fandom.
I‘m going to have to say a 10! I’m a homer and love my teams. I even considered quitting my job when there was talk of not letting me go to the Superbowl parade last year. No joke!
- Share a favorite quote you think my inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
“Fake it till you make it” -Anonymous.
This one gets me through a lot. If you feel insecure, just act like you’ve been there before and soon you won’t be faking it anymore.
- Insert your own random thought here.
I love the sound of rain. It was fairly warm outside last night, and we were able to have the windows open and fall asleep to the sound of it. There is something unbelievably soothing about those raindrops. The smell after a rain is nice too:).
Back-to-school side note: Even though I don’t have kids I love seeing the first day of school pics on social media. Keep em’ coming!