Ah September. Childhood loathed you, but a strange thing happened along the way. We fell in love. Summer is always cherished, but for many reasons September has solidly put itself well in the lead for becoming my favorite month.
- Structure. Apparently left to my own devices I am not nearly as productive (and awesome) as I thought. It happens every summer. Routine activities give way to more free time that ends up being crammed with a cornucopia of events. Either that or I take the vacation mode all too seriously, and give in to my many lazy impulses. Where as most people turn up their work out routines (after all it is swimsuit season), mine slow down and feel like molasses. Devotions are more of a struggle, and my weekly planning takes a nose dive. Even though I am not in school anymore (which definitely forced the structure thing), September to me still represents a time of renewal and re evaluating. Church groups start back up, fitness motivation returns, and I finally can get my groove back.
- Autumn. Technically there is still a bit of summer left, but September rings in my absolute favorite season. The food, the weather, the general warm ambiance, there are so many things I adore about the fall.
- Football. It’s back. I love it. Anyone who’s spent any time on my blog will not be surprised here. 🙂 It also means more time with family and friends.
- Our Anniversary. We planned a wedding this month, that’s how much we love it.
- It’s Self-Improvement month. How great is that? It also is very timely that this month I have really focused on starting this blog, which focuses (or will) so much on the art of self-improvement.
Part of self-improvement to me means goal setting, and when I stumbled upon The Nectar Collective’s Weekly Wishes, I knew it was something I wanted to jump on. This week’s includes a yearly check in, so here we go.
YEARLY GOALS I’VE COMPLETED
- Volunteer more. Every Friday I read to the kiddos through United Way now. It makes me smile. 🙂 I have also signed up for an all day event in October where I put my dental hygiene had on and provide treatment to the under served. The fun thing about this event is that they also had a need for opticians, so my husband and I get to volunteer together on this one!
- Walk Bella more. I have been more consistent with my fur baby’s routine.
- Start a new devotional. I am reading through The One Year Sweet and Simple Moments with God Devotional, although summer has been more lax :(.
- Look for more in-depth study on creation/evolution. So this one is wild. I have nearly completed Genesis and the Big Bang, which has been paradigm shattering.
- Stop caring about being included. I think I really have made progress here. I feel I’m much more content in being where I am, rather than where I’m not.
- Blog more. I have a mountain yet to climb, but I’ve started the journey!
YEARLY GOALS I’VE NOT YET COMPLETED
- Eat less sugar. Painfully failed here. One of the reasons I am joining the no sugar challenge (to be posted later today).
- Get back to working out 5 x week. Eh, I have done this at times, but my goal is to be consistent.
- Weekly hair and skin masks. I have done them a couple of times, and have pinned tons of recipes, but now I just need to do them regularly!
- Spend more time in prayer daily. Read through Power of a Praying Wife on Fridays. Man, this was one of the important resolutions that I really let myself down on. It’s the worst when you know you are missing out on the rewards of being disciplined in this area.
- Tackle organizing a room a quarter. I got one room done. It’s now the 4th quarter. 🙁
- Start gardening. I bought a planter of mums at the West Seattle Garage Sale. That definitely does not count.
NEW GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2014
1. Keep chipping away at incomplete goals.
2. Increase blog posts (4-5 x week)
3. Start to learn more about html, basic coding.
4. Get on a routine for cleaning the house thoroughly.
5. Enjoy the holiday season!
Are you still with me? This was a rather wordy Weekly Wants, but there was more to cover in a years time! I’m sure I am missing some obvious goals that should be on there, but this gives me plenty to work on for now. After all, September is the Self-improvement month!
Goals & Dreams~